Siag + Sco Open Server 5.0.5 - Rookie

From: roberqua@virgilio.it
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 16:22:11 CET

Hi
I am a rookie, and so excuse me if I will tell some mistakes.
I get a Pc on which is running a Sco OpenServer 5.0.5.
First query:
may I run on it Siag ?
However I downloader the source and i tried to compile and install it, but
This are what I did:
gzip -cd siag-.... .tar.gz|tar xfv - Ok no problem
cd siag- ... - Ok non problem
./configure - Here the error as follows:
checking for BSD compatible install ... ./install-sh -c
checking whether build environment is sane ... yes
checking for working aclocal ... missing
checking for working autoconfig ... missing
checking for working automake ... missing
checking for working autoheader ... missing
checking for working makeinfo ... missing
checking for mawk ... no
checking for gawk ... no
checking for nawk ... no
checking for gcc ... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc) works ... no
configure:erro:installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables

I think it will depends on the fact i am a rookie, but I do not how solve
this problem.
Any help ?
Thanks
Roberto