number display

From: Tomasz Kosinski (mickle@escape.com)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 01:35:21 CEST

I have been using Siag (X version spreadsheet) for a few months. I have
not been able to determine how, or if, I can set/create/customize a
(number representation) "style" which will insert commas after each three
digits.

The sum of a range of cells might be, for example 25624.58. I would like
to format the number so that it would appear as 25,624.58, or, if
currency, as, for example, $25,624.58 (this being the result of a siod
expression).

I know that scheme can do pretty much anything, but I am a SIMPLE
END-USER, whose knowledge of scheme doesn't go beyond "The Little
Schemer", so if this is either very obvious or very obviously difficult,
apologies. On the other hand, if it is simple, I would really appreciate
a little help. In my case, all expressions are siod, doesn't need to
work with C python etc.

Also, is there a way to get text to wrap within a cell?

Thanks a lot for siag,

Tomasz