Siag broke my X fonts

From: Eric Majzoub <ehmajzo_at_sandia.gov>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:14:33 -0800

I built and installed Mowitz and Siag. They did not suit my needs so I
"make uninstall"-ed them, and now my X fonts are broken or missing.

One application now just exits with error:

X Error of failed request: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
   Major opcode of failed request: 45 (X_OpenFont)
   Serial number of failed request: 24

What did Mowitz or Siag do and how can I fix it.

Please help.