Egon Animator has support for the following file formats:
- Egon Animator
- The native Egon Animator format is simply a Scheme script
which can be loaded to recreate the animation.
As such, it is eminently human-readable and editable.
- C source
- The animation can also be saved as C source code. Only the
data structures are saved, the code to display the
animation resides in the files animator.h and
animator.c. This makes it pretty easy to add animation
capabilities to any X program. Egon Animator cannot
load animations stored as C source.
- Animated GIF
- The animation can be saved as a multi-image GIF file, which
when displayed in a WWW browser like Netscape performs
the animation without using Egon Animator. Egon cannot
load animated GIF files. Saving animated GIFs requires
the netpbm package and the gifmerge program, neither
of which is part of Siag Office but must be installed
- Egon Animator can
save Postscript images of the animation scene.
Normally, this code goes straight
to the printer or to Ghostview for previewing, but
it can also be saved in a file.
- Plaintext files can be read and written.
- Hypertext Markup Language can be read and written.
- Magic Point
- Presentations created for the Magic Point program
can be read.
- MS Powerpoint
- Presentations created for MS Powerpoint can be read
if the pptHtml program is available. pptHtml is part of
xlHtml by Steve Grubb, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Egon can save in Adobe's "Portable Document Format".
Requires the program ps2pdf.
Ulric Eriksson - June 2000 - email@example.com