Pathetic Writer is invoked as:
pw [X-options] [siod-options] [filename]
Pathetic Writer accepts the
standard X Toolkit command line options and arguments:
- -display display
- -geometry geometry
- -bg color, -background color
- -bd color, -bordercolor color
- -bw number, -borderwidth number
- -fg color, -foreground color
- -fn font, -font font
- -rv, -reverse
- -title string
- -xnllanguage language[ territory][.codeset]
- -xrm resourcestring
Any options not accepted by X are passed on to Siod, which accepts
the following options:
- XXXXX is an integer, to specify the heap size in obj cells.
N is an optional number of heaps limit (default 2).
- XXXXX is a filename to load before going into the repl loop.
- X = 1 for stop-and-copy garbage collection, 0 for
- XXXXX is the size of the symbol hash table to use,
- XXXXX is the number of preconsed/interned non-negative
- XXXXX is the number of bytes of machine recursion stack.
- XXXXX is an expression to evaluate, then exit.
Any other arguments are taken as names of Pathetic Writer documents to be loaded
on startup. If no filenames are given, Pathetic Writer is started with an empty
document called "noname".
The following environment variables can be used to customize Pathetic Writer.
- The base directory of the Pathetic Writer installation. This variable
is used to find the documentation. Defaults to "/usr/local/siag".
- The name of the web browser that will be used to view
the on-line help. Defaults to "siaghelp".
Ulric Eriksson - February 1997 - firstname.lastname@example.org