PW has powerful spelling checking, using ispell to do the
actual checking. To check the spelling of an entire buffer,
select Edit - Spell from the menu. PW will then start ispell
and send every word to it for checking.
Words that are not in the dictionary will be handed by a separate
dialog, which has the original word and a text field where a
replacement word can be entered. It is possible that there
is already a word in the replacement field, suggested by ispell.
Be careful to check that the word is correct; not all suggestions
are very helpful.
Under the text fields are several buttons.
If ispell is not available but aspell is, aspell can be used as
a replacement by symlinking like this:
- Replace the word in the buffer with the one in the
- Accept the word and do not ask again during this session.
- Insert the word permanently into ispell's dictionary.
- Skip the word this once without replacing it.
- Cancel the whole session and do not complete the
checking of the rest of the buffer.
- Help brings up the on-line help page (this one!)
ln -s `which aspell` /usr/local/bin/ispell
Ulric Eriksson - August 2000 - firstname.lastname@example.org