[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Siag Office 3.1.7 released
As the subject says, 3.1.7 is finally out. Sources are available in the
usual place. Here is the release blurb:
Siag Office 3.1.7 is the latest version of the free office package
which consists of the spreadsheet Siag, the word processor PW
and the animation program Egon.
Siag is easy to use, yet infinitely flexible through multiple
embedded interpreters and a plugin mechanism that allows other
programs to run inside the main document. The supported interpreters
are SIOD, Guile, Tcl and Python.
Changes from version 3.1.6 include:
- New Tsiag maintainer: Dan Gohman <email@example.com>
- Curses interface more portable by using autoconf
- Plotting from vertically as well as horizontally oriented data
by Rodrigo Alfonso Guzmán (firstname.lastname@example.org). See the
- Croatian message catalog, thanks to Matej Vela <email@example.com>
- Plugins can initiate communication with the parent application
to send it commands or data
- Image plugin scales images when it is resized
- Plugins talk back by sending X events back to the main application.
The Hello plugin has been extended to make use of the new feature.
- Modified makefiles to allow building outside source tree
(suggested by "Marcus G. Daniels" <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- Code restructured to reduce duplication even further
- New Text plugin reads text files or executes arbitrary
shell commands, runs external programs.
- Plotting plugin, available on menu as Plot - Plugin.
Requires Gnuplot and PBMplus/NetPBM.
- Instructions for building on Irix, by Harold Toms
Read more about Siag Office at
Sources and binaries can be downloaded from
Ulric Eriksson <email@example.com>