Non-member submission from ["Sheldon F. Oppenheim"<sheldon@biocats.che.rpi.edu>] (fwd)

I have been trying to install Siag on an Iris Indigo running Irix 5.3.  I
am a novice at this stuff and have run into a problem that I cannot
resolve.  I read the install file which included the items on the Irix
setup. I ran the ./configure and tried the make file.  I received an error
unable to open regex.h.  On my install of Irix 5.3 there is no regex.h.
There is regexp.h regdef.h regexpr.h and wsregexp.h.  I tried substituting
these items for regex.h. I also tried using a version of regex.h found in
the 4Dgifts.  All produced a list of syntax errors (shown
below)

No suffix list.
        cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -Dunix -DSIAG -DNDBM -g -c regex.c
cfe: Error: regex.c, line 24: Syntax Error
  regex_t *r;
 -^ cfe: Error: regex.c, line 24: Empty declaration specifiers
  regex_t *r;
 ----------^ cfe: Error: regex.c, line 25: Syntax Error
  regmatch_t *m;};
 ------------^ cfe: Error: regex.c, line 25: Empty declaration specifiers
  regmatch_t *m;};
 -------------^ cfe: Error: regex.c, line 25: Syntax Error
  regmatch_t *m;};
 ---------------^ cfe: Warning 625: regex.c, line 25: Empty declaration
  regmatch_t *m;};
 ----------------^ cfe: Error: regex.c, line 48: Syntax Error
  h->r = (regex_t *) must_malloc(sizeof(regex_t));
 ------------------^ cfe: Error: regex.c, line 57: Syntax Error
  h->m = (regmatch_t *) must_malloc(sizeof(regmatch_t) * h->nmatch);
 ---------------------^ *** Error code 1 (bu21)  *** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

Is there a cure for this.

The Irix notes in the install are a bit confusing has anyone created a
list of changes to make Siag work on Irix 5.3?  It seems odd to me that
changes in filesel.c need to be made when ./configure found out that
fnmatch does not exist on Irix.  Is this an old item?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks

Sheldon