[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I'm giving up on ndbm, there are just too many implementations, all broken
in different ways. From 3.1.18 on, ndbm will be left out unless the
--with-ndbm option is given to configure. Nothing in Siag requires ndbm.
Guile and Tcl have also been made opt-in, so they will also be left out
unless configure is run with the options --with-guile --with-tcl.
Finally, xls2csv has been unbundled. The original tarball can be obtained
Major changes from 3.1.17:
- All: Added opt-in autoconf test for ndbm.h, so users with broken Linux
distributions (recent Debian and Red Hat, at least) can build
without hassle. This means that a serious error in the system
is masked; I'm not convinced that it's the best thing to do,
but it's not my fault and hopefully the products will be fixed
- All: Made Guile and Tcl opt-in as well, to be consistent with
Python and ndbm.
- Siag: Implemented the same interface to external converters as in
PW. The default register-converters in siag.scm probes for
xls2csv, which is no longer included with Siag but distributed
separately. Of course, this means that fileio_txt.c no longer
includes XLS support.
- Xfiler, xedplus, gvu: Implemented translation of messages. Added
messages for these programs to Swedish dictionary.
- PW, Siag: Let register-converters probe for available converters, so
that they don't appear in the list of handled formats unless the
format is actually supported.
- PW, Siag: Updated file format documentation in fileformats.html.