Pathetic Writer has support for several file formats.
Additional formats can be supported by using external converters.
- Microsoft Word
- Word documents up to and including version 8 can be loaded
by using WV as an external converter.
- Pathetic Writer
- Native Pathetic Writer format, with support for
formatting attributes (fonts,
widths and so on). Very nice for Pathetic Writer documents, but
totally incompatible with anything else.
- Plain Text
- Text without formatting information.
- Pathetic Writer can output pretty decent Postscript code, with
DSC comments and all to make the resulting files
post-processable. Normally, this code goes straight
to the printer or to Ghostview for previewing, but
it can also be saved in a file. Pathetic Writer cannot load
- Hypertext Markup Language
- HTML as featured on the World Wide Web.
Pathetic Writer can save and load documents
in this format. Some effort is made to preserve the
formatting so that the documents will look nice when
they are viewed in a browser like Netscape or Chimera.
- Rich Text Format
- Documents can be saved in RTF format so that they can be
opened in legacy Windows (TM) applications. News!
Starting with 2.71, PW can also load RTF files.