Re: Mergelogs

From: Joćo Paulo Vasconcellos (jvasconcellos@netcard.com.br)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 19:17:18 CEST

Em Tuesday 03 September 2002 04:15, Ulric Eriksson escreveu:
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Joćo Paulo Vasconcellos wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > mergelogs can read any log format, or I must use common format to merge
> > ?
>
> Common or combined, or anything that will fit:
>
> "%[^ ] %[^[][%[^]]]%[^\"]\"%[^\"]\"%[^\n]"
>
> See source.

I'll see. Thanks.

> But I really don't recommend using mergelogs, as penlog is much more
> convenient. See previous mail.

But penlog isn't in 5.0, which is the on I am using.

> > And how can I install pen-0.9.x in FreeBSD ? Just make all install
> > don't do It.
>
> That's more than I know. What happens?

Don't know for sure. When I get pen from siag.nu, uncompress and compile it,
I get a binary build without any error, and I can start it and pen goes to
background and stay there. But as sonn as I began to receive connections, pen
gives up quickly, about 5 ~ 25 seconds after the connections began. However,
when I install from ports tree in FreeBSD, I get a stable binary that handles
load. But the ports version is 0.5.0, I would like to install a newer
version. I saw that there is some patches in the ports, but I don't know if I
should apply a patch for 0.5.0 in 0.9.5. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Joćo Paulo Vasconcellos
Gerente de Tecnologia - NetCard