penlog,penlogd

From: Charlie Reitsma (reitsmac@denison.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 17:43:06 CEST

I've been using pen for a week as a loadbalancer for a webmail site. Began
looking at penlogd to merge the apache logs.
The HOWTO lists:
CustomLog "|/usr/local/bin/penctl loghost 10000" common
as its apache example. I am sure "penlog" belongs there instead.

The note that pen's command line must be altered to to send its log to penlogd
only exists in the HOWTO. It should probably be in the penlogd manpage as well.

Thought I would try using penctl to tell pen to switch its log from a file to
penlogd. The result is I now have a file named "loghost:10000". Is there any way
to make this work without stopping pen? Or is there a way to stop pen and start
it again with a new command line without disrupting existing sessions?

Charlie Reitsma
Systems Engineer