RE: Pen webserver with multiple domains

From: Michiel van Es (Michiele@info.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 08:59:26 CEST

Unchanged?
I tried the penlogd and the apahce conf so that al logfiles are parsed to
the penlogd host but still do I get the local Load Balncer ip-adress and not
the real ip-adress from the client!
How do I force round-robin btw?
I tried pen with the default settings for http: ./pen http host1:80 host2:80
and the request are only received at host1:80.
I want to make pen swicth between the requests and if 1 server failes, he
will do forced redudancy so that he passes all request on to the only
server.
Can I also put the real headers/ip-adress in smtp?
I mean..now everyhting seems to come from the Load balancers' ip-adress but
I want to have the mailservers think it comes from the original sending
host.
This for not garbling the maillog file and for open relay.

Kind regards,

Michiel van Es