Re: Pen webserver with multiple domains

From: Michiel van Es (XXX@XXX.XXX)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 12:36:14 CEST

Ulric Eriksson wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Michiel van Es wrote:
>

>>Unchanged?
>>

>Pen receives the request from the client and passes it on, unchanged, to
>the backend server. The server sees the load balancer's IP address and
>logs that. That's what penlog is supposed to take care of.
>

>>I tried the penlogd and the apahce conf so that al logfiles are parsed to
>>the penlogd host but still do I get the local Load Balncer ip-adress and not
>>the real ip-adress from the client!
>>

>Did you use the -l option? Otherwise there is no way for penlogd to know
>the client's address.
>
>Here's an example. Start pen like this on the host "www":
>
> /opt/bin/pen -w /var/run/penstats.html \
> -p /var/run/pen.pid -l last1:10000 \
> www:www web1:www web2:www web3:www
>
>And penlogd like this on the host called "last1":
>
> /opt/bin/penlogd -p /var/run/penlogd.pid \
> -l /var/log/apache/logs/access_log 10000

Isn't www and last1 the same host?
I use www as the load balancer who servers a virtual http port (the pen
load balancer) and passes it to the real webserver (www1 and www2)
And if I use above contruction, will I get the real ip-adresses from the
real webclients who are passing throgh the pen load balancer so I can
make webstats with awstats?

Thanks in advance.

Michiel.