Re: 500 Euro for correct X-Forwarded-For headers in POST requests

From: Chris Elsworth <chris_at_shagged.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:27:56 +0000

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 03:10:18PM +0100, Sirko Zidlewitz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> some months ago I already described our problem
> with missing X-Forwarded-For headers in the mailing list.
>
> Hereby I offer 500 Euro for a solution.
> For the same price we could buy a licence for a
> commercial load balancer, but I think its better
> to improve pen.
>
> Our problem ist, there seems to be no X-Forwarded-For
> header for http POST requests. All POST requests seem
> to come from the host running pen. GET requests are
> logged correctly.

Hello,

Sorry, I can't reproduce this. It appears to be fine. Test case:
start pen:
# pen -H -d -f 8080 localhost:8081

make a dummy request with a few blank lines to simulate \r\n\r\n:
# echo >>req <<EOF
> POST /foo HTTP/1.0
>

> EOF

# cat req
POST /foo HTTP/1.0

#

start a dummy server:
# nc -l 8081

send the request:
# cat req | nc localhost 8080

observe in nc window:
# nc -l 8081
POST /foo HTTP/1.0

#

One X-Forwarded-For header. What am I missing?

--
Chris