No logging from within chroot

From: Nathan Butcher <n-butcher_at_gol.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:06:54 +0900

I've managed to get pen to run from within a chroot, but I can't seem to
log anything. (Despite checking permissions etc.)

I have -l in the pen command line options, but even despite the
directory and file being owned by the pen user (and chmod 777 at that)
that I have created in the chroot, pen's debugging is telling me that it
cannot access the log file, and so pen bombs out.
Should I remove the -l option, pen works fine in the chroot.

Nothing else is in the chroot directory (I guess I don't need to copy
any libraries pen wants to use in there), so I really can't figure it out.

I've also tried cutting the full path for the log file out, but still no
dice.

Any way I can get logging to work with chroot?