X-Forwarded-For?

From: Henry Bramlet <hbramlet_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:30:36 -0700

Hi there. One more question-

I cannot seem to get Pen to add the X-Forwarded-For tag to the
documents. Or at least, the header is not there when I inspect the
request on my end.

I'm trying to build a pen software load balancer hitting 3 mongrel
clusters (serving rails) on the same host:

pen -p log/pen.pid -H 4000 localhost:8000 localhost:8001 localhost:8002

The problem is that even with the -H, X-Forwarded-For does not seem to
set correctly.

This isn't a big problem because I will probably serve it behind apache.
But for certain purposes, like debugging and the like, I may want to
just hit the host at 4000...the problem is that without that IP Address
I lose all the state in my application that requires the IP address as
part of the authentication.

-hb