Re: pen dies

From: Ulric Eriksson <ulric_at_siag.nu>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:16:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Harford, Ken wrote:

> After I put an 19th server in a configuration I get a core dump and this
> error: *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal):
> 0x0000000000523180 ***

Pen allocates memory for a number of servers that is specified
on the command line. The default is 16, so you need to add

         -S 19

to your command line.

There is currently no sanity check in the initialization code to
detect that you're trying to use more servers than will fit. That
is obviously a bug so I'll add one. But just fixing the command
line will solve the problem you're having (and you'll need to fix
the command line anyway).

Ulric