Re: pen and spamass-milter

From: Robert Schetterer <robert_at_schetterer.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 17:11:51 +0100

Nigel Horne schrieb:
> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>>
>> -D host
>> Connects to a remote spamd server on host, instead of using
>> one on localhost. This option is deprecated; use
>> -- -d host instead.
>>
>> so --d our.spampdhost.ip.addr ( which may balanced ) should work
>>

> That doesn't handle load balancing/fall over which is why pen is needed.
>
> -Nigel

Sorry Nigel,

in my understanding
-d our.spampdhost.ip.addr should be a virtual ip
which balances two real ips running spamd
but i may fail here cause i am new to pen
but maybe simple multiple --d are possible
so you may have failover without using pen or balance

i am currently testing failover balancer cluster
with ucarp ( up and running right now )
test with pen will follow, i will test failover solutions
for spamass-milter as i want this too, i will report results
but maybe i use other lb software depending to test results
if pen doesnt work in all cases i will need

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer