Re: [Siag] Newbie - help compiling

From: Imad (magius@purdue.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 16:30:09 CET

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Ulric Eriksson wrote:

> Hey, no badmouthing old Suns. Siag.nu used to be a Sparc 4 until last
> year. Now it's an Intel 486/33 load balanced with an old Alpha.
>
> You can stop laughing now.
>
> Anyway, I don't know much about how OpenBSD shared libraries work, but
> what I see above looks right to my understanding: the full path, the
> library name, the major number and the minor number. It seems more likely
> that it is the compiler which can't find the libraries, i.e.
>
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure
>
> might help.

Well, whaddayaknow? It worked! For some odd reason I also needed to
modify all "include <Mowitz/MwLib.h" statments to include the full path
name, but after a bit of messing with the files, Siag Office is up and
running! ;)

Thanks for your help!

Best,

--Imad "(e)magius" Hussain
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you
give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deeal out death in
judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

--J.R.R. Tolkien via Gandalf, Book One of _Lord of the Rings_