Re: Compiling Siag on SGI O2 IRIX6.3

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Emmanuel Dumas wrote:

> I'm trying to compile Siag on a SGI O2 machine (IRIX6.3). I've some
> trouble with file  slibu.c, the complete error message is:

[really long; the usual stuff from slibu.c, the world's least portable
piece of software]

> I've solved this probleme in suppressing some #DEFINE in his file.

If you remember what that was, I would like to know it.

> But my last probleme is this error:
> ld: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "dbm_dirfno" -- 1st referenced by
> ../siod/libsiod.a(ndbm.o).
>
> Where come from this function ?

From the database manager library. I don't know what that is called on
SGI. On Solaris it is built into libc and Linux has several more or less
compatible libraries.

If SGI doesn't supply the library, GDBM from the FSF (Gnu) is fine.

Another option is to comment out everything about the database support in
topdir.mk and recompile. Then there won't be any database support, of
course, but you probably won't miss it.

Ulric