[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Siag Office 3.1.9 released
Shorter time than usual between releases this time, because I'll be going
away for easter and there were some problems with the geometry management
in 3.1.8. This means that not everything that was meant for 3.1.9 made it,
but will have to wait for 3.1.10. That's life.
Siag Office 3.1.9 is the latest version of the free office package
which consists of the spreadsheet Siag, the word processor PW
and the animation program Egon.
Siag is easy to use, yet infinitely flexible through multiple
embedded interpreters and a plugin mechanism that allows other
programs to run inside the main document. The supported interpreters
are SIOD, Guile, Tcl and Python.
Changes from version 3.1.8 include:
- Dates can be entered as such, and not as seconds from Jan 1 1970.
- Many custom widgets replaced by a general purpose layout widget,
greatly simplifying the code and pruning the source tree.
- Incorporated Ed Falk's Frame and Tabs widgets.
- Close option on File menu to close buffers.
- By default ask if a a buffer should be saved.
- Bug fixes on the web page and documentation.
- URL on Help menu updated to point at new site.
Read more about Siag Office at
Sources and binaries can be downloaded from
Ulric Eriksson <firstname.lastname@example.org>