Re: 3.1.11 compile error

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 11:25:51PM +0200, Nerijus wrote:
> I do not have /usr/include/gdbm-ndbm.h, so I made a link
> ndbm.h to /usr/include/gdbm.h, but still got errors:
[...]
> and so on

> > On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 11:23:50AM +0200, Nerijus wrote:
> > > RedHat pre6, Intel, kernel 2.2.5, glibc 2.1.

Not being familiar with Red Hat, I don't know where you'd find gdbm-ndbm.h,
but on the Debian systems I've worked on, it's in the libgdbmg1-dev package,
so maybe it would be something similar under Red Hat.

Here is the package description:

	"GNU dbm database routines (development files) [libc6 version]
	GNU dbm ('gdbm') is a library of database functions that use
	extendible hashing and works similarly to the standard UNIX 'dbm'
	functions."

glibc2 as libdb included in it as the dbm replacement. The file gdbm-ndbm.h
is for using the traditional Unix dbm interface to the gdbm library. I don't
know why they didn't call it ndbm.h or provide a link, so that programs need
not be modified to work.

--
Dan Gohman
gohmandj@cda.mrs.umn.edu