image plugin and SuseLinux binaries

Hi all!
First, Kudos to the guy that made the SuseLinux binaries! They work in my
Slackware box also! Great because I had despaired of compiling usable binaries.

Second, I'm baffled with the image plugin. I invoke it with the name of the
image (Menu->Plugin->Import->[file selector]==>image name) and sure it gets
converted (I've verified this invoking the plugin on command line) but nothing
gets displayed. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Third, things like xterm and chimera aren't swallowed when being invoked as
plugins. Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Camilo