Re: I can't accent

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:

> On Thu, 6 May 1999, [ISO-8859-1] Hildebrando Rosa Júnior wrote:
>
> > I can't  acute, grave, tie, tilde and unlaut in siag office, but I can
> > accent on others programs.
> >
> > Siag don't support accents?
>
> Siag seems to be absolutely UNLOCALIZED, and it's a big fault of Ulrich, I
> think. My attempts to put 'setlocale'/'XtSetLanguageProc' somewhere in
> source code failed -- it have not help me, I cant type any of my native
> russian letters with Siag, using correct internationalisation of X -- Xkb.

It's not a fault of mine. This is the relevant part of the source:

8<------
        XtSetLanguageProc(NULL, (XtLanguageProc) NULL, NULL);

        topLevel = XtVaAppInitialize(
8<------

And that's pretty much all I can do. That call has been in the code for
years.

> I know, people use Siag/pw with there national alphabets if they use old
> (before Xkb) hack X internationalisation methods.

I don't know if my brand new Sun uses old hacks for i18n, but I do know
that my dead keys work. That is with LANG=sv.ISO8859-15 for Sweden.

If anyone comes up with a solution that works in Russia and Brazil, make
a patch.

Ulric