Re: Dumb question

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Obed Matus wrote:

> I'm new with linux and I'm trying to use your spreadsheet.  How can I
> put the items in a column in order (i.e., alphabetic, or numerical)?

Mark the block you want to sort by clicking and dragging in the grid.
Place point in the column you want to use as sorting key. Then look in the
menu under Block - Sort. There are eight different sorting modes.

Do not make the mistake of marking whole columns (by clicking column
headers). The program will then sort all 100000 lines of those columns,
which will take a very long time.

Ulric