vrrpd help,

From: David Gil Sanchez (indaba@gmx.net)
Date: Fri May 03 2002 - 10:04:36 CEST

hi,

my name is david and i am working in a research project
that uses a web server to serve some important data.
We want to have a fault tolerant server, and someone
say me to use vrrd and a load balancing solution such
as pen.

i download httpd but i have some problems configuring it,
i am not an expert in linux nor in networks.

Well, i have 2 linux boxes running "STANDARD" red hat
7.1 (i dont compile the kernel with options you mention
in faq, could be this the problem?, is it necesary for
this distribution?).

i expose you what i want to do and please say me if
it is correct.
Server A: has ip 192.168.11.214
Server B: has ip 192.168.11.215

i launch (as root) in both this command:
./vrrpd -i eth0 -v 50 192.168.11.216

both logs: eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!

when i ping the servers from other machine
something is wrong, sometimes it respong ok
to ip 216, but most of the time not, and
they not respond to 214 or 215.-

i want to have my http in both servers and
ask for ip 216, if one is down the other responds,
but i want also to telnet to 214 and 215...

what i am doing wrong. thanks
in advance (and excuse my english)

regards,
david

--
David Gil Sánchez
INDABA Consultores <Internet y Bases de Datos>