Decoupling Logs

From: Branson Matheson (branson@windborne.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 17:37:11 CEST

 Hey.. just realized that I have a small problem ;-). Using pen in a
fail over setup .. and have been working to minimize exposure if
there is a failure. Now getting ready to do the http part of the
failover and saw penlog/penlogd and went .. wow .. how cool is that.
Except.. I just realized that the penlogd and the pen must be run
on the same host? Is there an easy way for pen to communicate with
a seperate penlogd on a different host. In that way.. I could
remove all logging from the "pen" hosts.. and have them be fairly
static.

 Example:

        internet
          / \