Pen for pure fail over setup?

From: Dominic Marks <dom_at_helenmarks.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:35:43 +0100

Hello,

A quick question on pen's weighting feature which I couldn't find the
answer to in the documentation. Can pen be configured with two servers
to direct requests so that the first server will always receive requests
if available and the second server used if the primary server is down.

I'd like to run pen in front of apache so I can restart / shut down
apache any time I like and have pen deliver any incoming requests to a
static html site being served by another lightweight httpd (probably
thttpd) with a 'down for maintainence' message.

Thanks,
Dominic