Re: Merging logs under SSL request

From: Nathan Butcher <n-butcher_at_gol.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:02:19 +0900

Ok, I found part of the solution to my broken SSL problem:

I toyed with the pen source code and did some extra debugging where the
original source code did not. It seems that SSL was giving me
"SSL_GET_NEW_SESSION:ssl session id callback failed" errors. People
mention that this error has something to do with a program's inability
to do random number generation required for SSL, and since I had pen
running in chroot.... sure enough pen was unable to use /dev/urandom on
my FreeBSD box, which caused this error.

So now I am running pen unjailed as root and this error doesn't happen
anymore. However, SSL still doesn't work for me so I am going to have to
debug this further.