pen and vrrp ip binding question

From: David Brown <dcbrown73_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 07:15:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I think I'm a bit confused. I am looking at setting
up pen on two Apache servers with pen and Apache using
separate IPs on each server along with the shared IP.

My question is this, based on the howtos. It says
that I should start pen on both servers. To do this,
doesn't pen need to bind to the shared address? With
vrrp running doesn't that mean the shared IP wouldn't
be running on the failover server and pen couldn't
bind to that address in the beginning?

Thanks!
Dave