Re: new install: 2 out of 3 ain't bad, but I want spreadsheet

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Mitchell Maltenfort wrote:

[Lines rewrapped to fit in 80 columns. What is it that creates these giant
 lines?]

> I just installed siag 3.1.6 from source on a RedHat 5.2 system.  I'd
> upgraded gnuplot to 3.7 but otherwise I'm using standard RH: guile 1.2,
> Xaw3D 1.3.  (I understand the new versions are 1.3 and 1.5,
> respectively).
>
>  Pathetic Writer and Egon both seem to work swimmingly.
>
> However, Siag the spreadsheet has a problem. It won't graph properly.  I
> select a block of data points and click on the graph menu, and I get a
> 'gv' display of a *.ps file which shows me a grid, the bottom axis of
> which always says 0-1 regardless of what I select for X axis.
>
> Do I need to change my libraries, my compile options, or my version of
> siag to get this all to work?  The word processor is the important one
> of the three for me, but a spreadsheet comes in second over Egon.

If the programs built, your libraries are probably new enough.

As usual, "it works here". Exactly what did you do to get a graph?

For an example of what works here, open the attached document, select
A2..C3 and click on the graph button.

There was some discussion recently about horizontally/vertically oriented
data. Could it be that you have your data in a single column? See the
thread starting in

	http://ftp.edu.stockholm.se/siag/archive/msg00103.html

The alternative plotting routines offered are included with the CVS
version and will also be included in 3.1.7, which is almost ready for
release.

Ulric
# Creator: Siag (Scheme In A Grid) 3.1.7. No Warranty.
.sw 80
.sh 20
.style 0
name Default