Simple Database Library
Ulric's Router Construction Kit
Shohei is a multi-language, multi-function, multi-server, multi-user,
multi-context, multi-media web-based mail client, news client, calendar
and note server.
Another take on the above:
- Sends mail using SMTP
- Receives mail using POP
- Handles users in any number of domains on any number of servers
- Web based administration with different admins for different domains
- MIME aware
- Usenet News client
- Online context-sensitive help
- Customizable using HTML templates with embedded macros
- Write simple notes
- English and Swedish message catalogs, new ones are easily added
Shohei is yet another web-based pop3 client. It was written to
exactly match the requirements of the City of Stockholm public
network. Those requirements are:
Of these, the real showstopper is the NetWare support. Mercury maps
DNS domains to NDS contexts in such a way that a single mail domain
can handle users in several contexts. A single Mercury server can also
handle multiple mail domains. Shohei takes advantage of this,
and can handle multiple Mercury mail servers, each with
one or more mail domains handling one or more contexts.
- Must support the Mercury pop server running on NetWare 4 and 5.
- No multiple separate user databases.
- Minimal configuration.
- No local users on the Shohei host.
Of course, Mercury is no requirement. Any pop3 server will do.
For a basic setup, the only manual configuration necessary will be the
creation of one directory.
Download over http
Freshmeat project page
Ulric Eriksson - September 2000 - email@example.com
echo "Content-type: text/html"